Benefits of Brain Gym
Extracts from Edu-k UK website
What will I learn on the course?
raw out their innate potential
The 26 Brain Gym Activities
You will learn
- How to do the 26 Brain Gym Activities for maximum benefit
- The effects of the individual activities on performance, attitude and skills
- The significance of the four groups into which the activities are categorised and how to use them to best effect
- How to adapt the activities for people of many levels of physical, social and cognitive skills
- Facilitating whole body movement by two unique ‘Repatterning’ sequences
- Using the activities for oneself or with help from a facilitator
so they can d
The Concepts behind Brain Gym
- The importance of movement and the body to learning and daily wellbeing
- The physical and postural skills that underlie many daily life activities
- The model of the ‘Dynamic Brain’ – how stress and ease either inhibit or enhance our potential and performance
- The ‘drawing out’ model of learning – honouring, trusting and supporting each individual’s innate resources
- The model of the 3 dimensions of learning – how the synthesis of sensing, feeling and thinking can support learning and life skills
- How noticing what does and doesn’t work for us – what we have learnt and what we have yet to learn – empowers positive choices
Brain Gym Techniques
- Noticing our individual responses to tasks, people and situations for more successful life and learning skills
- Facilitating whole body engagement in daily life
- A goal setting technique and achievement process, known as a ‘balance’
- How to use the balance procedures and activities for yourself
- How to adapt the balance process for age and ability when facilitating others
- Selecting the optimal Brain Gym activities and techniques for yourself and others in relation to chosen goals
After the Course
You will receive a Letter of Attendance from your Brain Gym Instructor on completion of the full class hours. If you are intending to integrate Brain Gym into your existing professional area after the course, we strongly recommend that you complete the designated post-class case studies. If you are training to a professional level qualification (such as Brain Gym Movement Facilitator), case studies must be completed as part of your training track. Your Brain Gym Instructor will support you in this process and evaluate your case study experience as part of the learning process. Completion of the case studies entitles you to a Certificate of Completion which states that you have satisfactorily completed all the course requirements. This Certificate is valid for four years, should you wish to continue training in the future.
Who is Authorised to Teach Brain Gym?
Who teaches the course?
The Brain Gym 101 course is taught by qualified Brain Gym Instructors. They are all independent trainers who have met the training standards set by the Educational Kinesiology Trust in the UK, are current professional members of the Edu-K Trust and have completed a specified number of ongoing continuing professional development hours.
Significant Changes Have been reported
Changes Have been reported in
I’m sure you have often thought I’d love to be able to” think straight”, have a “clear head”, have a “better memory” or “better concentration”, “better organisation” and better able to easily “communicate what I mean to others” Nothing I could say will convince you that attending the Brain Gym course will be worthwhile or make all of the your reality. In fact, nothing anyone will say go you will convince you at all…
After the course I knew that this was a real tool to add to my toolbox and a valuable asset in my existing work. “ Charlie, Co. Kildare
“My movement , vision and energy were changed during the course. I use what I learned to assist my children to move, learn and enjoy life more fully.” Leonard, Dublin
“I have found since attending the Brain Gym course that I can read easily and comfortably in a moving vehicle. Previously i could not even look down. “ Noeleen, Co. Donegal
Who is this course for?
Brain Gym 101 Course Brain Gym courses are attended by everybody interested in improving the quality of their lives, learning, memory, concentration, communication and understanding.
Many come for themselves and others learn to use Brain Gym to pass on to those they care for, teach and train.
This course will focus on facilitating adults and children to achieve their true potential in education, communication, business, sports and throughout their lives.
A Word from Dr Paul Dennison
Dr Paul Dennison says
Educational Kinesiology (Edu-K for short) is a comprehensive and enjoyable learning-skills program for people of all ages who want to experience intrinsic mastery of their subject. “Educational” comes from the Latin word educere, which means to draw out, lead forth, or educe. “Kinesiology,” from the Greek root kinesis (the production of motion), means the study of the principles of mechanics and anatomy in relation to human movement. Educational Kinesiology is a system, then, for empowering learners to notice how they move